COST Action FP1407 announce call for Short Term Scientific Missions . Short-term scientific missions (STSM) are exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another COST country. They are aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants' institutions or laboratories. STSM are intended especially for young researchers.
The Action FP1407 has several places remaining for short term scientific missions (STSM) that can be completed before April 30, 2017.
STSM Projects should cover any of the activities covered by the Action, which includes:
• modification of wood or other biobased products;
• Environmental aspects of wood or biobased materials processes, products, or services;
• Related activities (i.e., modelling, user studies, characterisation, LCA, EPDs, etc.)
Applications should be submitted at least two weeks before the expected travel dates through the online system found at: http://www.cost.eu/stsm. The information required by the COST system includes: dates of the STSM, length of stay, title of planned scientific activity, short description of the work-plan, short CV and a budget request (to cover travel and living expenses during the STSM, at a maximum of 2400 EUR).
In Addition the application materials should be sent to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, after submitting the online application.
The additional application materials must include (in a single file):
• a short abstract of the scope of the STSMs (1/2 page)
• a plan of the work to be carried out (1 page, approx.)
• a cover letter stating the benefits to be obtained from the STSM
• full CV
• letter of agreement from the host institution
Hosts or institutions that wish to receive a researcher for a STSM should send an email to email@example.com to have it announced.
More information here.