On 27 October the annual FTP partnering event will take place at Munich airport. This year the event has a new approach as FTP wishes to see a stronger industry participation and as a result even more competitive proposals from the forest-based sector to Horizon 2020. In order to make the Partnering Event more attractive to industry, a dedicated “Innovation Track”, boasting 9 parallel workshops, will be organised in which winning Project
Ideas will have access to an exclusive industry audience.
14 innovation priorities have been submitted by our industry stakeholders and now the 2015 CALL FOR PROJECT IDEAS is open to anyone within the research community (as well as to anyone else), who has an idea on how to create new jobs and even more sustainable businesses in Europe by addressing any of the 14 priorities.
From these 14 priorities the following are of highest interest to the wood related sector:
1. - Energy savings in buildings: Building, Living, Renovation, Dismantling
2. - New wood preservatives
3. - Improving indoor climate: New methods and tools
4. - Energy efficiency in industrial and logistical processes
5. - Future cities: Advanced construction materials and building systems
• To propose a Project Idea, please download and complete the attached Project Ideas Form and make sure you send it to johan.elvnert(at)forestplatform.org before the 31 August deadline.
• The winning Project Ideas will be offered the opportunity to be presented in the “Innovation Track” of the FTP Partnering Event.
• FTP will evaluate all Project Ideas in an independent and confidential way.
• Two evaluation criteria will be used: Industry Relevance and Potential Impact.
More news about the FTP Partnering Event will be posted regularly on the FTP website.
Project proposal form