5G-Timber project aims to support the rapid uptake of 5G Technologies, considering real industrial practices and constraints in the EU timber industry over the wood value chain.
5G TIMBER contributes to small- and medium-scale manufacturing challenges:
- reaching green and sustainable development
- production efficiency increase,
- waste reduction and valorisation.
- develop interdisciplinary UCs and implement field trials for different small and medium size manufacturing industries:
- small volume machinery,
- hand-assembled elements production, and construction using an example of wood value chain (WVC).
The 5G-TIMBER project will address the challenges outline above by developing 5G-enabled UCs and implementing field trials for different small and medium size manufacturing industries: small volume machinery, hand-assembled elements production, and construction focusing on the wood value chain (WVC). The project will demonstrate key innovations in the field of timber material models; open standards for production data, and secure exchange thereof; data analytics at the edge; precise indoor localization; Digital Twin (DT) and augmented reality (AR); industrial IoT.