In 2016, the Forest Products and Timber Construction Department - Salzburg University of Applied Sciences - will organize, with international partners, two significant scientific events:
- WCTE2016, August 22nd and 25th 2016, Viena, Austria, organised in collaboration with the Forest Products Society, Section Europe (FPSE, with headquarter in Kuchl),
- the 4th edition of the Processing Technologies for the Forest and Biobased Products Industries Conference (PTFBPI), 8th and 9th November, 2016, St. Simons Isl., United States of America.
WCTE is the world's premier forum for presenting and discussing the lastest technical and architectural developments and innovations in wood or timber construction. It is held biannually in different parts of the world and attracts researchers, engineers and architects, code consultants and building officials, contractors and project managers, fabricators and suppliers from all continents.
FPS Section Europe will join between 22nd and 25th August the 2016 World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE) at the Vienna University of Technology with a mini-symoposium (MS1-04): Modified wood as building material for sustainable constructions assigned to Track 1: Wood products & components.
MS1-04 will be lead by Prof.Dr. Alexander Petutschnigg, Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, Austria and will deal with recent research topics on:
- massive wood products for sustainable constructions
- modified wood products and their use for sustainable constructions
- wood composites, new biobased materials and the ecologigal aspects of biobased materials for sustainable constructions.
Prospective authors are kindly invited to electronically submit an abstract related to a mini-symposium through the conference website by November 20, 2015.
More information about abstract submission: http://wcte2016.conf.tuwien.ac.at/scientific-programme/abstract-submission/
The registration fee of WCTE 2016 includes the book of abstracts, proceedings, coffee breaks, lunches, meet and greet, opening ceremony, and the welcome cocktail.
About the 4th edition of the PTF BPI 2016 (8th and 9th November 2016, St. Simons Isl., USA) we will provide you more information will be published mid October 2015.
PTFBPI2016 organizing commitee